How satisfied are members with their associations, political parties, clubs and other membership organizations – now in the Corona crisis? Is the pandemic having an impact on member loyalty? Are the associations a helpful place of support for their members? And how well are they digitally positioned to maintain engagement with their supporters, especially in times of social distancing and lockdown? Are there member organizations that are benefiting from the pandemic? And who has more fans – business/corporate associations, environmental organizations or automobile clubs?
The unique and large-scale study Fanfocus Germany Associations 2021 provides answers to these and many other questions. For the study, nearly 2,000 member interviews were conducted across 15 different types of membership organizations. The focus was on emotional member loyalty and the impact of the pandemic.
How digital and member-centric is your federation?
At the latest since the start of the Corona pandemic, the topic of digitalisation has been omnipresent. But how ready are Germany’s affiliates for the new digital reality – and how ready are they in the eyes of their members? How satisfied are members with internal & external digital communication? And how important is the topic of “digitalisation” for emotional member loyalty in the first place?
Selected results of the study “Fanfocus Deutschland Verbände” were published in the “Verbändereport – Das Fachmagazin für die Führungskräfte der Verbände”.
The Member FanCheck is a standardised and modular “status analysis for emotional member retention” based on the Fanfocus Germany. Through telephone or online interviews, you get a quick and in-depth look at the quality of your relationship with your members.
Interested? Here is more information (In German)
Or you can contact us directly!
Did you know,…?
About the study “Fanfocus Germany Associations”
With Fanfocus Germany Associations, 2HMforum. together with ECOPLAN has created a large representative study, through which the member relationship quality of German associations, clubs, parties, unions, churches,…is put under the microscope. The aim of this nationwide cross-type study is to,…
Comprehensive study report: Purchase now!
Member organizations can now purchase the current study report. We have studied the following types and topics – in accordance with the Fan Principle – for you in 2020/2021:
Types / Categories:
- Environmental and conservation organizations
- Automotive and traffic clubs
- Associations with idealistic objectives
- Sports clubs and associations
- Social and welfare associations
- Medical / patient and self-help associations
- Consumer protection organizations
- Professional associations
- Political parties
- Industry / trade and employers’ associations
- Organizations for certain Population groups
- Crafts guilds
- Churches and faith communities
- Other member organizations
Focus & Topics according to Fan Principle:
- Key figures on member relationship quality (e.g. overall satisfaction, emotional member loyalty)
- The high benefit of Fan Members (e.g., referral, volunteerism)
- Positioning, focusing and orchestration (e.g. retention drivers, member satisfaction with typical performance aspects incl. external/internal information/communication & media)
- Frequent and excellent contacts (e.g., satisfaction with contacts in the main and honorary office, contact channels)
- Life blood factor employees in the main and honorary office (e.g. perceived member orientation of employees, make fans out of employees)
- Contribution willingness & Contribution sensitivity (Van-Westendorp analysis)
- “Degree of digitization” & “Member centricity (CRM)” (e.g., use and suitability of digital channels, “digitization” maturity, “member centricity” (CRM) maturity)
- Corona-specific questions (e.g., change in member relationship quality, satisfaction with crisis management of political institutions and associations)
The results are available for purchase in the form of attractively prepared chart reports. Choose specifically which topics and types of member organizations interest you! Click here for the order form incl. prices.
Take a look at your member relations!
Get a quick and in-depth look at the quality of your relationship with your members with the Member FanCheck.
At a glance
Would you like to learn more about Fanfocus Germany Associations, the types of member organizations covered or the focus topics of the study? Then order our two-pager free of charge here (The two pager is only available in German).
Would you like to take a first look at the study? Sign up and we will send you a pre-selection of the study results (only available in German)!
Why do we not only measure member satisfaction?
Why not just measure member satisfaction? Our basic research has shown: Satisfaction as a key metric for assessing member relationship quality is not sufficient to guarantee organizational success. Even highly satisfied members increasingly behave disloyally. Satisfaction merely reflects the perception of performance, which cannot be used to differentiate the organization from potential competitors. The decisive factor in analyzing the quality of member relations is the consideration of emotional member loyalty, expressed by the Fan Indicator.
Stefan Eser | Head of Emotional Member Loyalty
Why fans are so valuable!
…are the guarantee for a company’s success. They buy more, they buy more often, they are less price-sensitive, they evaluate conditions more positively, they have the highest contribution margin and are loyal even in bad times. Additionally fan customers are the best ambassadors.
…are a company’s greatest capital. They are faithful and loyal, they are more motivated and less at risk of burnout, they identify with the goals of the company and are happy to recommend their employers and products. Fan employees burn for their company.
…make member organizations and associations successful: they remain loyal, even if competitors try to poach them or an organisation’s services are no longer interesting. They are happy to pay higher fees, they volunteer their time, they are quicker to forgive – and they are the most valuable referrers.